Hello Dear Friends, Are you seeking to pursue your career abroad especially in Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore then you should be aware of the Occupational English Test.
TAMS Studies OPC Pvt Ltd
Address – 2nd Floor, A-One Homes, Chandaniya House, Centre Point, Aligarh
Phone – 9411650207, 9759999231, 0571-2970615
International English Test, OET is considered as a verification of the candidate’s ability to communicate effectively in different organizations including Hospitals and Universities. Moreover, it is preferred by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection for a visa.
We, at TAMS Studies, guide students on how to score better in the Occupational English Test. We have designed our sessions to improve reading, writing, listening, and speaking fluency of the students and hence, make them confident at outshining the examination.
With the advent of technology, our classrooms are equipped with gadgets and tools that simplify the process of learning. We have a dedicated staff for OET that not only has mastered in English language but also has a better knowledge of the Health sector.
WHAT IS OET?
OET is the healthcare-specific English language test. It assesses the language proficiency of healthcare professionals looking to register and practice in an English- speaking environment.
FAQ -OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST (OET)
Is OET the right test for me?
OET tests international health practitioners from the following 12 professions:
- Speech Pathology
- Occupational therapy
Why should I take OET?
- OET is recognized as proof of English proficiency by health regulators in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, Namibia and Singapore for registration.
- OET is also accepted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Immigration New Zealand for all visa categories where an English language test result may be required, including Skilled Migrant Category.
- OET helps develop language skills for success in healthcare courses, clinical placement, healthcare registration, and the workplace.
- It’s easy to prepare for the test using OET’s preparation resources, many of which are online and included in the cost of the test.
- Recommended by the past test takers because OET preparation and test materials reflect real healthcare scenarios, so you will know what to expect and feel more confident on the test day.
When and how will I receive my results?
Results will be released approximately 16 business days after the test.
How is OET scored?
You will receive a separate grade for each subtest ranging from A (highest) to E (lowest). There is no overall grade. Here are the descriptions for each grade that appear on the Statement of Results:
Description of ability
|A||Very high level of performance||8.0 – 9.0|
|B||High level of performance; i.e. able to use English with fluency and accuracy adequate for healthcare registration, appropriate visa categories, healthcare courses, and workplaces||7.0 – 7.5|
|C(plus)||Very good level of performance; adequate for appropriate visa categories, healthcare courses, and workplaces||6.5|
|C||Good level of performance; adequate for appropriate visa categories, some healthcare courses, and some workplaces||5.5- 6.0|
|D||Moderate level of performance; requires improvement||4.0- 5.0|
|E||Low level of performance; requires considerable improvement|
Who recognizes OET?
OET is accepted as proof of English proficiency for visas in:
- Australia– The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) accepts OET for all visa categories where an English test may be required.
- New Zealand– Immigration New Zealand accepts OET for all visa categories where an English test may be required.
OET is accepted as proof of English proficiency for registration, accreditation and licensing purposing in:
- Australia– OET is accepted for registration purposes by most professional Boards within the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), and most healthcare profession Councils for accreditation purposes.
- New Zealand– OET is accepted by most healthcare Boards and Councils in New Zealand.
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulatory (DHCR) – OET is accepted for licensing of healthcare professionals who have not graduated from a program offered in English, nor worked or licensed in a native English speaking country.
- Singapore– OET is accepted by four major healthcare Councils in Singapore.
- Namibia– OET is accepted by the Health Professions Council of Namibia.
UK– OET is accepted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council for registration.